Thursday, April 10, 2008

Justa depressing situation


I wanted to get a couple of days away

from the situation I'm going to describe to you in the following paragraphs.As many of you know. I've been diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder. HERE is where I first mention it and then a few days later I bring up the fact that I was in to the depression mode. Well it hit rock bottom Tuesday. I had to have Cindy take me down to CPEP. CPEP is part of St. Joseph's Hospitals Emergency Psychiatric center. This is where you go if you are in crisis. Well because of the series of events from Tuesday morning I went spiraling into a depressive episode.

It wasn't as severe as the last one 4 years ago

(that one put me in the hospital for 6 days) This one required spending 11+ hrs in the armpit of the world. They mean well at CPEP. But they are woefully understaffed. Each shift has only 1 nurse,1councelor,and 1 doctor. This is to see all the patients already brought in from previous shifts and place in the holding area either to observe them or send them on up into the ward on the 3rd floor when rooms become available. Plus those of us in the waiting area to be seen by first the nurse,then sent back out to the waiting room. Wait for hours on end to see the counselor, only to be sent back out into the waiting room to be ignored by staff again for some more hours on end. The final stage before you can get your new script and go home or be admitted or what ever the verdict from on high is going to be, is to see the Doctor. This whole fiasco took me 11 + hrs from about noon to about 11 pm.

When I was in there waiting

for the series of interviews to be done. You go in a particular order of things. You start out by being checked for sharp objects, your cell phone is taken away, your belongings are taken away, your shoes and or shoe laces have to be removed. All this so that you don't hurt yourself or someone else in the pre interview room while everyone is waiting.This is a farce because while I was there the 11 hrs I was waiting . There were a total of at least 3 people that were never checked at all. They continued to use their cell phones. They got to keep their shoes and any of them could have had any kind of weapon on them, as they were not checked when they came in. Ridiculous Right? As you can tell this is going to be involved. I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow. Also remember if you would like to get each updated post Automatically in your email inbox every day subscribe to Justakrusen by way of the email link up near the top right of the page. I'm Justa saying!



Mark Krusen said...

I agree with everything you've said. What's that video? oh, it must be your theme song. Very interesting!!!

Kelvin Oliver said...

Very interesting. I hope you are feeling better and everything does not get too serious.

Mark Krusen said...

Kelvin, Thanks for stopping in and commenting. I am feeling much better, the post tomorrow will explain my little visit to CPEP, and where I am today with my BiPolar. But thanks again for checking in.

ladyjane64 said...

Glad you're feeling better and thanks for your words of wisdom in my e-mail the other day. Sometimes thats what I need. Take care.

Mark Krusen said...

ladyjane64. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Thanks for commenting and reading my blog. Come back often. Hey bring your family along too. :):)