Saturday, March 8, 2008

Justa rested and ready to boogie!!

image Photo's courtesy of Google images

Don't Touch Me

An older couple is lying in bed one morning, having just awakened from a good night's sleep. He takes her hand and she responds, "Don't touch me." "Why not?" he asks. She answers back, "Because I'm dead." The husband says, "What are you talking about? We're both lying here in bed together and talking to one another." She says, "No, I'm definitely dead. He insists, "You're not dead. What in the world makes you think you're dead?" "Because I woke up this morning and nothing hurts."

The "I man" and I went for a ride in the car yesterday. It felt great to get away and just unwind. We didn't even stop at Dunkin Donut's either.Jeff and I bombed around together yesterday morning also. That was fun. You have to take advantage of every moment like that you can. Amanda, tell Jeff I had a great time, and that I'm grateful to him for not being mad at me for showing his baby picture a few days ago.

I didn't realize it,but apparently Momma and I are O-L-D. Yep, I was telling Jeff that Cindy and I have started thinking about the possibility of being a foster parent. His first response was a look of shock and he said sputtering" You guys are what 54 (as in Methuselah)years old why would you want to do that?" My answer? "Because". With out knowing it, I mentioned my conversation with Jeff to Momma and she too has been thinking about the same thing. Back to Jeff's question of why? Well for me and I think I can speak for Cindy too.

  • Because we need to.They wouldn't ask for people it they didn't need them. I have experience (Albeit it's over 20 years ago, of dealing with kids in need of supervision.)
  • Because we want to.
  • Because we can.
  • Because it's a challenge.
  • Because there is a need. They wouldn't have asked for the help if they didn't need it. I found the ad in a local health related paper.

So, as Cindy and I sit around the old wood burning stove, after coming back in from the outhouse out back,while sipping on our Geritol cocktails,and listening to the Beatles on our old 45's we are going to contemplate the possibilities. Will we do it? Don't know. We'll keep you informed. I'm Justa saying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think thats a great idea...the wife and i once wished we could have had a child of our own....my three...her three....and one of our own....fortunatly God is much smarter then we are....the little poop would be 7 maybe 8....ahhh....hey you practicly have a foster child ...dramma queen...ya ...she starting to look like you even...thanks for the vine

Mark Krusen said...

Mr.Fall58, or may I call you Jack(as in off). I believe the Lime Green Drama Queen would take exception to your saying she looked like me. There could be worse things to look like you know:)