Friday, March 14, 2008

Justa one reason I'm glad I'm off the road.

image Photo courtesy of Diane over at Heads Carolina/Tails California.

This is one of many reasons I'm glad I'm off the road.(See picture) The main and most compelling reason is because Cindy couldn't come with me for various reasons over the years. She had to be home for Jeff & Adrianne(when she visited) while they were going thru the school years. When It became a possibility that she could go after the kids grew up,she didn't want to because of career situations. I really can't blame her. Let's see go live in a little box traveling down the road hurrying to the next appointment so you could hurry up and wait. So that while you were waiting you could go inside and use a usually dirty bathroom,if they had one at all. Or could it be the same truck stop food in anywhere U.S.A.

Or maybe was it because her husband said "Sorry dear no time to stop for a shower today". I think once we were out I had to say that two days in a row. Try that out for size. I have no Idea how Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett did it back in the day. Did they have time to dip into the river or was there one more bear to hunt before their bath. It's kind of bad when you have to decide between a Shower or a meal or a nap. Hmmm. A nap usually won for me. (Just open the window up,and grab another bag of chips.) I could go on, I don't want to beat up the career I had for 28 years. There were good times too. I think, well maybe, but, yeah I remember one, no wait, it was... oh never mind.

I 'm envious of Craig & Diane's chance to take the journey they are on together. It's much more fun as a couple then it is a Single. Especially if the whole time you are out there all you can think about is getting home. All that being said to get an excellent take on being on the road and with the insertion of some awesome pictures. Go to their website by clicking on the link by the picture. Oh yea another thing, there were some fun times out there. The interaction with drivers that became friends, the awesome views, the spine tingling downslopes on some cowpath they called road, just the pure pleasure of operating a 70 ft long vehicle weighing 80,000 lbs safely with no accidents for 25+ years. Many more that I might be able to extract from the cave of my brain. I'll let stories trickle out over time. Stay tuned. I'm Justa saying! To leave a comment click just to the right of the time100_0668 stamp ie, 0 comments.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dreams...we are told that dreams are what life is all about...with hard work you can make your dreams reallity....if you want to be a doctor,or a lawyer...work hard...want to be president dream big....bull pucky!!....you can dream all you want...but the reallity is an idiot is always going to be an idiot...never president...well except for GW....dreams are the same as goals...we set goal and follow them...if all our dreams came true with hard work we would have 6 ppresidents now...ask john edwards..it ain't gonna happen...didn't he work hard...no life is like any game....we work hard and we hope our efforts are rewarded...the truly happy people are not the dreamers...they are the survivors...the ones who can pick them selves up and go forward...the ones that recognize their have limitations...the ones that realize that not all dreams are achievable...sometimes our dreams are achieved solely by accident..ask ashley alexandra dupre...all that hard work to be a singer...nothing...one goverment probe..err ah...sorry and she is famous....hell my dreams came true in a friends foyer...there she was standing at the top of the stairs...i didn't even know i was dreaming that dream until that moment...thats the other cool thing about dreams ...sometimes they hit quick...thanks for the vine

Mark Krusen said...

Mr fall58,As W.Clement Stone said years ago. "What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe the mind of man can achieve." I agree all dreams don't come true.But if your not in the game"dreaming" it has a far less chance of happening. For instance. I just spent 2 dollars on the lotto & super lotto. Was that a waste of money?Probably. Could I win if I didn't buy a ticket? Nope!! Ya got to "be in it to win it". Same with life, keep showing up everyday be as up beat as you can. And you just never know. I'm justa saying.

Anonymous said...

hey i agree 100 percent...it's all about the odds....odds are better that a scratch off will winn you money...but the lotto payoff is big...i buy lotto and mega all the time...as i said you may not recognize the dream until it kicks you in the ass...oppertunity knocks but once...be smart enough to answer the door...dreams are more of a personal challange...me and my dream against the world...hey you get out what you put in....just remember that everybody can't win...what is important is what you learn from your losses...always a pleasure...and thanks for the vine

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't leave a comment on your other website the one with the domain name, but I didn't know how. I know you are still on the computer!!! LOL!!!! My average in social studies was a 99.25. YEAH!!! How are you and Aunt Cindy doin'???Call me, text me, or respond to my comment by e-mail, or on here. love ya!!!!
The "Lime Green Drama Queen"

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't leave a comment on your other website the one with the domain name, but I didn't know how. I know you are still on the computer!!! LOL!!!! My average in social studies was a 99.25. YEAH!!! How are you and Aunt Cindy doin'???Call me, text me, or respond to my comment by e-mail, or on here. love ya!!!!
The "Lime Green Drama Queen"

Mark Krusen said...

The "Lime Green Drama Queen" comments again. To what do I attribute this great privilege? 99.25 that is awesome. Keep up the great work. Aunt Cindy said hi. We'll see you soon.

Anonymous said...

You Know I love You. and That was just my 5 week report. I think I am going to be on high honor roll again. I am so excited I am going Shoping with my nana and Aunt Debbie at Carosel today. Talk to you again later. love ya.
The "Lime Green Drama Queen"
PS~Tell Aunt Cindy I said hi.