Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mrs Justa and children

Merry Christmas time is a time of wonder, but nothing is as marvelous as the laughter of a child. Here is Brandon in his Christmas vest, white shirt and tie laughing at his dad. 100_2146_editedHe was cooing and chatting in his little baby  sounds and just filling my heart with pleasure. The children are what Christmas is all about.

Next year he will be 1 yr and 4 months, he will probably have the giggles down to a science by then. They will be in their new home by then and  he will have different wonders to experience.

I remember when Jeff was able to absorb the magic of the lights,he was a year and 9 months old, and we decorated a 10 foot tree while he was in bed,Jeffs first Christmas tree the next night when it was dark, we took him into the living room and turned on the lights . The magic filled the room and his face lit up with wonder and the room echoed with his chuckle. 

As Mark and I packed up the decorations yesterday, and I wrapped the ornaments, I witnessed again the different phases of wonder in Jeff's years gone by. 
From the time I was pregnant on Christmas 1981 through the time Jeff was 18, there was a photo ornament I had made up for each year. As I carefully wrapped them and put them away, I realized how precious time is, and love is and our children are.
Live each moment in the wonder of Christmas, and make memories for those you come across. Love, Cindy

No comments: