Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh Yeah!!!

image

Damn, I'm too old for this stuff. Friday night (My) Syracuse Orangemen won in 6 overtimes. Then on Saturday they had to go one extra period to win again. It has been a fun couple of nights watching the games.I haven't had the endorphins howling like this in a long time. Now they go tonight against Louisville for the tournament championship. It's almost going to be anticlimactic. How can you ask them to dig down one more night and Larry the Cable guy em? We shall see.

I told you the other day I had to go see the WC's employment guy. Let's call him Mike.(only because that's what his name is) Well Mike wants me to start looking for work,which in itself doesn't seem like a bad idea. I've worked for like 42 of my 55 years why should I stop now. I feel like emotionally I'm ready. The last time I tried. The part time van driver job I tried to take didn't go so well. I couldn't take it with the house move,coming down off a pretty extreme manic episode and crashing and burning into a depression that saw me hospitalized twice in a two week period. Good times! Really lousy time to try to go to work,what with half of America out of a job. Well in the mean time. I'm in a mild depression now. {Relative to the last one anyway} but my problem is my hip and leg are bothering me quite a bit. I just can't stand or walk for more than 5 minutes at a time without my hip burning like crazy.I was out pooper scooping the yard the other day and it took about 15 minutes you would think I ran a marathon for the way my hip and lower back were burning when I waddled back into the house. I read of some of you guys walking and I'm envious.Not to the point of wanting to short sheet your bed or anything but... I'm just having a hard time dealing with the physical limitations. It's not just a matter of willing my way through this. I can't drink another cup of coffee or get out and walk around the truck at a rest area to wake up. Just to make that damn appointment at the Grocery warehouse.{At which time I still might sit waiting to back in for 4 hours after my appointment}( but I digress again) I've always had a mental toughness a don't give up kind of spirit. The physical limitations have kicked my butt though. But I shall try again. I think it's time. Hell, my female hormones must be kicking in, I'm starting to sound like I have PMS or something.

So Mike (can I call you mike) has 3 pieces of paper with a potential job on each one. The first one he shows me is for a part time sales job which is a sales job (high pressure) at East Coast resorts,which is a camp ground membership sales gig. How do I know they are high pressure you ask? Because Cindy and I are members there and were lucky to get out of there by the hair on our chiny chin chins when we bought (got suckered) into our membership. So I told Mike I wouldn't work there even if they paid me a million dollars a week. Mike, I've reconsidered if you can get them to pay me that I'll go to work for them for a month. That ought to set me up pretty good. If that happens my friend (yeah that's right only one) and family will be getting a call. Not to offer them any money,but to buy into the camp ground. The second job he had to show me was for working on an assembly line putting together things like jewelry and such. I'm about as dexterous as Nancy Pelosi in a truth telling seminar. It just taint happening. The third and last one was for being a Census taker for the up coming census. I figured I could do this. I would get a break driving between each house because out where I live the houses are spread out a little so I would have to drive to get there giving the ole hip/leg a a break. Well I called the number on the paper he gave me. After being connected to a real live person (after pressing one for English) and he told me they had enough people in my area right now to check back in the fall. Yeah right me and the other 10,000 people in the greater Syracuse area looking for work.So to make this really long post come to an end. I'm going to go down Monday and sign up down at the Unemployment office in Fulton. We shall see. For those of you that read this whole post and wish to leave a comment you'll get a ten word discount on my next post if you mention the code word (Whiner). See ya!

8 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

You made a mistake this should have been in the comment section of "complaint dept". lol

Anonymous said...

Okay, whiner. I'm sure your physical limitations are large contributors to your depression fund. I do understand your need to whine a bit. What a terrible time to be looking for work. What is Mike thinking (may I call him Mike also)? Sounds like a fabulous array of job choices he gave you. Have fun at the unemployment office. I hope your boobs aren't still sore by Monday. That would be a drag.

Ana said...

Mark,
I don't believe you are depressed.
It seems to me you are very sad because of your physical problems.
You have the right and you must whine and complain. What is the use of a blog whose friends are a kinda off support group?
Try to take a deep look and see if you are mild depressed or you are sad.
Every time I get sad I still think "I'm depressed." remembering the depression brought as side effects and when I have same physical problem: "Is it me or is it a side effect?"
Not being able to walk more than 5 minutes is sad.
But the most serious you most not in any circumstance forget to consider is the PMS possibility.
Ana

Mark Krusen said...

It looks like a couple of you anyway want the 10 word discount on my next post. Lol!

Ana said...

Hello Mark, hello!
Have you seen the film "Julia"?
If you did I'm not telling you like Hellman told the Mr. that she would take all that money okay?
Perhaps I'll accept the mission because the hat was beautiful.
LOL
(but deep in my heart I guess I would do it anyway)

Mark Krusen said...

No Ana I ain't seen that one. You sort of lost me.

FINCH said...

Thanks for the comment on my Blog. I see you drive a "hair lip duck" truck. LOL I am hoping you will let me add your Blog to my friends link, let me know. Be safe!

Herrad said...

Hi Mark,

That Mike sounds classic caring/supportive burocrat intent on ticking as many boxes as posible.

Whine? Think you have every right to vocalize as much as you need to.

I would like to tell Mike to insert his splendid job suggestions up his.....

Take care,
Love,
Herrad