Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.
The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.
Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.
When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said,
"Nothing, I just helped him cry." I got this from redsofts.com justa wanted to share it with you.

 

Clilck on this if you thought you were having a bad day

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss hearing Leo Buscaglia and his messages of love, and the power of hugging! If only everyone could be just a little like him and the way he looked at life!

soulful sepulcher said...

Leo's book, "Love" is one of my old favorites, he was a great mentor via his speaking and writing. I think I read that book when I was 20 or 21 and it stuck with me.

soulful sepulcher said...

My favorite thing about Leo is that he encouraged child-like thinking in ourselves, the true living in the moment stuff. Like when he had college students (at his house or somewhere)in Autumn, and they piled the fall leaves inside (not outside)and jumped and played in the leaves.

Mark Krusen said...

Craig & Diane,
Those were the good ole days weren't they? His message was so simple yet so powerful.

Stephany,

From your post lately. You sound like your are doing more and more of that living in the moment stuff yourself. Did you see the video at the bottom of this post. That guy was sure living in his moment wasn't he? (chuckling)

soulful sepulcher said...

lol that vid is unbelievable. thanks for reminding me of Leo Buscaglia, I just wrote a reflective post about it.

you know, about living in the moment---it is almost as if it became necessity, live or die.

Does that make sense? I had to get back to the land of the living, i've missed too much already, life and it's events took me down, and it was miserable.

there is no time to waste, if we don't live(appreciate it all) now, when will we?

Mark Krusen said...

Stephany,

It makes perfect sense what you are saying. I've been trapped in the now so much,that I haven't even tried to look into the future. I'm on my way over to check out your post.