Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mrs Justa on happiness

Happiness, a word that automatically makes me smile.

This clip art ( courtesy of "mylemonadestand.com)image makes me smile. A warm puppy, depending on you for everything, yet full of more love then a lifetime can take in. As John Dewey had once said " To find what one is fitted to and to secure an opportunity to do it is the key to happiness." Mark Twain once said "A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval" To be politically correct now- it would be a person... as to not make women feel left out.

It is true.

We have to want to be happy, we have to force ourselves to find a thing we are meant to do and do it.

What makes you happy?

It is hard to find happiness, it is very hard when you feel like life is passing you by. But happiness comes from within, and I gotta tell ya, I have had many instances in my life when I thought I would never become anything, and never find happiness. But I never gave up, I had to reach inside my soul and pull myself back up, and I am so glad I did, I have a family that loves me, a husband that treasures me, a son who my world seems to revolve for,his wife who is a woman anyone would love as a daughter, a step daughter that I am so proud of, a very special son-in-law,  a profession I adore, a few good friends and a job I enjoy most days.

What makes you smile?

imageDid you ever notice how a smile is contagious? Try it, smile at someone and look in their eyes, see if they smile back. Don't laugh though, they would interpret that differently then a warm smile.

What makes me smile?

(courtesy of designflute.wordpress.com ) Hugs, how more comforting is life then with hugs. People who like me. I feel worthwhile. Nursing in a hospital, because I am helping people in their most trying moments. Rainbows, they are gifts from God. They signify to me that things will get better. Babies, they are so innocent, and need lots of hugs and love. Family, because family is the thread of life, of humanity. Singing, it makes me whole. Giving to those with less then me. Christmas time, because people generally seem nicer. A gentle rain, for it is cleansing the world. A warm bath, because it encompasses my body with comfort. An old pair of sneakers, as they are just right for my feet. Lilacs- I just love the colors and the scent.

What makes you smile? Find it, and let a smile come. May you find happiness on your journey through life, Love Mrs Justa

2 comments:

Quinn said...

Thank you Mrs Justa :) I feel a little better after having a rough day.

Mark Krusen said...

Well, you are most welcome Quinn! I am glad it helped you after a tough day. Those smiley faces just helped me again too, today was, well lets just leave it at a Monday!! Have a great rest of the day, Mrs. Justa