Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Justa really big project I've signed us up for here.

With the upcoming move. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed a little bit. There is an awful lot of stuff that has to be done. We've done a lot already. I'll list below what we have accomplished so far. I won't even attempt to put them in order.

  1. Checked out the land 3 or 4 times to make sure it's what we want. After all we have to live there for 30 years.
  2. We put a deposit of $500.00 on the new Double wide that is sitting at the dealers now. Gave them $125.00 more for the DMV registration. (Isn't that crazy we have to register it with DMV, can you say revenue enhancement)Cha Ching.
  3. Went to the Post office to pick up change of address cards. We have to remember to turn our keys in for the PO box we have been using for the last few years.
  4. Went to Wally world looking for a mail box. They are all kinds of cheap(must be the Chinese's don't get rural mail delivery). We decided to go to Home Depot to see what they have.Jeff said they have a pretty good choice there.Cha Ching
  5. Went to Town of Granby town offices to get a permit for the house. That has to be gotten before they can move the house onto the land.The cost of this is going to be a couple of hundred  dollars. Cha Ching
  6. Called Sue from the Realty Company to set up an appointment for Thursday to sign the paperwork on the land purchase offer. I'm sure that will cost us some up front money.Cha Ching
  7. Started telling friends and relatives of impending move. This one seems more like it will happen than the last one we were planning. Much better situation all the way around for us.
  8. Talked to a guy about moving our shed. It's a 12ft by 16 ft 81/2 ft high beast. So it will cost us $300.00 to move it 12 miles. Cha Ching.
  9. Still have to figure out how to move our 1500 lbs of front steps. Anybody have any ideas. Cha Ching

I've probably left some things out the above is enough for a 3 or 4 day period any way.

 

Went to the Chiropractor today. It always feels better after I've seen him. But the adjustment doesn't last because of my convoluted gait when I walk. He gave me some exercises he wanted me to do on the machine at the gym. I will try to motivate myself to go this morning. I'm trying to do 20 minutes of cardio every time I go. The problem is I haven't gone in over a week again because of the pain in my leg and hip. It seems like a big circle I'm riding around with on this leg. If I don't work  it, it will hurt. If it hurts, I can't work it. Oh well. I'm home every night with Momma. That is the important thing.

Your not going to believe it. We drove up to the land again today to see what it looked like in the dark. We're crazy. When ever Cindy and I do anything that has a potential to be labeled crazy we call it "Mark & Cindy's excellent adventure" Guess what the land looked like in the dark. D-A-R-K is what it looked like. We will need to get some outside lights to see anything out there.