Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm still Alive!

Money Fun Fact
It is three times more likely for a person driving 10 miles to purchase a Lotto ticket to be killed in a car accident than to win the jackpot.Source: motherjones.com
Save Money at SavingAdvice.com    So the moral to this story is to walk to get your lotto ticket.

I'm feeling a little better finally. I'm still not 100%. I  feel well enough to get on here and update on a few issues. I did have a job offer yesterday. I had a guy that owns 6 trucks call me and ask If I wanted a job driving mostly around Ny State. There would be one run a week down to Long Island. It was tempting to take it. But I called him this morning after thinking about it over night. I just don't think I could take the climbing in and out of the truck and the having to use a clutch all day. It's a 10 speed transmission and that would be a lot of clutching. The reality of my situation is that I'm going to have to do something different than drive a Tractor Trailer. I could handle a van driving job I think. Those aren't a dime a dozen right now, with the economy the way it is. I think the bottom line is I'm going to wait until I settle with Workmen's Comp then figure out what to do employment wise.

I just talked to my sis. Here Husband Steve is doing pretty good after his surgery. She said they are quite pleased with the progress. It hasn't gone as bad as it could have I guess. So that's some good news. I haven't talked to my little Girlie{Hey she's 27 but she'll always be my little girlie} in a few days. Last time I talked to her every thing was going pretty good with her pregnancy. She is still getting nauseous every day though.

That's about it for now. I ain't got enough energy to whine about politics right now. What is there new to say about anything any way. They are going to do what they want to no matter what we say so... In closing I want to link to Cindy's post  she was nice enough to do an exercise post so you can check it out here. It will get you loosened up to start the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, and I think you'd just better skip the lottery tickets. I always figure that I need the buck or two more than my chances of winning.

soulful sepulcher said...

the only accident i was ever in (thus one of my bad knees)was within a 5 mile radius of my house when i was 16.

everyone where your seatbelts!

i wouldn't want to attempt to think about clutches and that truck driving with good knees. i'd cry and get stuck on a hill.

soulful sepulcher said...

PS-- Pete is closing his blog, go leave him comments!